If you own a business Pinterest account, here’s how you can use it to promote your business and help it grow.
Create a Pinterest Marketing Strategy
Pinterest is like any other social media platform. So, you will need to approach Pinterest virtually the same way you approach your Instagram business profile.
Naturally, you first need to come up with a social media strategy. Jumping in blindly won’t help your brand grow on Pinterest.
These are some of the basic steps that you should include when coming up with a marketing strategy for your Pinterest account:
- Setting SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound). Think about what your goals are beyond just growing your following on Pinterest. Do you want to boost the online traffic on your website? Is your goal to also increase sales for a specific product through Pinterest?
- Learning about Pinterest’s demographic and audience that will most likely use this social media channel.
- Learning about your brand’s target audience and how you can reach them on Pinterest.
- Examining what your competitors are doing on Pinterest.
- Planning and adding on-brand content for Pinterest to your social media content calendar.
With a clear strategy and a goal in mind, you can now start working towards achieving your objectives.
Pin captivating and engaging content
Pinterest is a visual social media channel. That means that if you want to use it for business, you need to produce engaging and high-quality visual content. These are some of the things that make pins captivating and engaging:
- Vertical imagery – According to data, around 82% of users tend to browse through Pinterest on their mobile phones. That’s why you should aim for a 2:3 aspect ratio to avoid weirdly cropped images.
- Check your video and image quality. Make sure you avoid pixelation and aim for the highest quality video and image recommended by Pinterest.
- Use a descriptive copy. You can significantly improve your SEO with good descriptions.
- Text overlay – Think about adding a headline as a means of reinforcing your visual message.
- Tasteful branding – Incorporate your logo into your Pins to represent your brand image.
- Make sure your links work properly.
Lastly, try to be consistent. It’s much more effective to pin daily than to create a board and fill it only once.
Try different Pin formats
Pinterest is predominantly an image-sharing social media channel, but it also offers other options. So, make sure you get the most out of this platform.
Mix things up and encourage your visitors to shop at your e-commerce store by pinning videos or creating carousels out of multiple photos.
Around 80% of Pinners find new products and brands on Pinterest. While this may point out how amazing Pinterest is for attracting new customers, try to think beyond just promoting your business and boosting your sales.
People also go to Pinterest when they’re looking for inspiration. When starting a new project, up to 85% of Pinners turn to Pinterest for help. So, think of a way your content could be valuable to your audience. Create inspiration boards and how-to pins that will inspire your audience.
Plan your boards ahead
Up to 97% of all Pinterest searches are unbranded. That means that your brand boards can help you reach a wider audience that is interested in specific topics and learning about specific things.
In other words, plan ahead for your boards and think about what topics will help you reach the right audience. Consider what your target audience may look up on Pinterest. What is it that they would like to learn more about and has to do with what your brand is offering?
Combine the engaging, inspiring, and useful content boards with ones that are also promotional, which will help your brand reach better visibility on Pinterest. Create the content your audience wants to see.
Optimize your Pins for SEO
Pinterest is a search engine, so optimizing your pins for SEO is one of the most important things you should do if you want to help your brand grow. In other words, you need to make your pins easy to search for and find. One of the easiest ways you can ensure this is by including keywords in your descriptions, hashtags, and boards.
You can also contact a digital marketing company that can help you work on your SEO strategies and boost your Pinterest account visibility. For instance, a professional Las Vegas digital marketing agency can offer you numerous SEO services and will help you create an efficient SEO strategy to help boost your online traffic.
Try out different Pinterest ads
Marketing and promoting your business on Pinterest can also be done with the help of Pinterest ads.
One of the many amazing things about Pinterest is that it allows advertisers to target ads around certain interests, locations, ages, keywords, and various other categories and metrics that may be relevant.
In addition to that, with detailed audience targeting, you can reach specific groups of users, which include:
- Users who have already visited your website
- Users who have engaged with your pins
- Users who have engaged with content similar to yours
- A custom list like your newsletter subscribers
The best part is that Pinterest ads come with a wide range of options. From video ads to promoted Pins, you can find various creative ways to promote and market your business through Pinterest ads.
Track the metrics
Every efficient Pinterest marketing strategy is data-driven. This means that to ensure a successful marketing strategy on Pinterest, you need to track your progress through metrics regularly.
Learn how to track and analyze key Pinterest metrics and audience behavior. This will help you see how your audience engages and interacts with your posts and overall content.
Knowing how your audience approaches your content will help you develop a better strategy when it comes to both creating and promoting your content on Pinterest.
Promote your Pinterest profile
Lastly, ensure you promote your Pinterest profile on other social media platforms. This will help you spread the word among your audience. You have to let them know your brand is active on Pinterest too.
Here are some useful tips on how you can promote your Pinterest account:
- Include a link to your Pinterest profile on your company website
- Include the link in your email signature too
- Cross-promote your Pinterest profile on your other business social channels
- Share the news about your Pinterest profile in a company newsletter
Overall, suppose you learn how to engage with your audience, boost your SEO strategy, work on your content consistently, use Pinterest ads, track your progress, and promote your profile. In that case, you’ll see significant brand growth through Pinterest.
Sophie Douglas is a digital marketing specialist and a journalist based in Columbus, state of Ohio.
Her characters are passionate, innovative, and ambitious.
Before becoming a writer for DigitalStrategyOne, she was writing short stories, screenplays, and directing short films.