How Can I Resolve QuickBooks File Doctor Not Working?
QuickBooks File Doctor software is a mixture of the “QuickBooks 2014 R4” program and older versions. The software sometimes stops working, crashes or hangs, or displays an exception.
These are the following reasons for this error:
- You’re trying to access the incorporated file.
- It is unsuccessful in restoring files.
- Update the files.
- This error could be possible when you try to convert an older version of company files.
- You may be lost a few QuickBooks files during the installation phase.
A List of Issues That QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor Helps You Repair:
- Repairs files that are damaged or not openable by the company.
- Network errors such as Error H101, Error H202, Error H303, Error H303, and error H505 are usually fixed using QuickBooks File Doctor Errors.
- This tool will help you to create a list of vendors, customers, and employees that is either missing or not working.
What should you do if QuickBooks File Doctor crashes?
Sometimes quickbooks file doctor may stop working because of a damaged file. You can fix this issue by restoring the backup. The error can be fixed by manually launching QFD. If the application crashes, you can also set up antivirus protection. These methods can help you fix QFD crashes or other errors.
1: Restoring a backup of corrupt/damaged files
QB can cause files to become corrupted and damaged. This can lead to problems with QuickBooks File Doctor. It is important to restore the corrupted backup. The File menu can be accessed in QB. When QuickBooks File Doctor crashes, select the Open or Restore Company option. Click the Next button to move to the Local backup tab. Click the Next button to continue. Continue the rest of the procedure to restore QFD’s damaged backup file:
- Run “QuickBooks”.
- Choose “File” from this menu.
- Click on “Open or Restore Company”
- Click “Next”.
- Select the “Local Backup”.
- Click “Next”.
- Click on “Look In” to go to the backup file location.
- Choose the backup file with the extension “.QBB”.
- Click the “Open” button.
- You can move to “Next”.
- In the drop-down menu, select “Save In” to locate the place where the restored file will be kept.
- Mention a name to be used for the file.
- Click on “Save”.
2: Manually Launching QuickBooks File Doc
QFD may crash or stop working if it is opened incorrectly. To fix an error, you can manually launch the application. Start the QFD application. Wait for the No Company message. Next, click on the Utility option and then choose the Files tab. Choose the Repair Files or Network Problem option. Continue by clicking OK in the dialog box. You may find QuickBooks File Doctor not working after a few more steps.
- Visit “QuickBooks File Doctor”.
- A “No Company” popup should then be displayed.
- Click on “Files”.
- Click on the “Utilities” option.
- Choose “Repair Files & Network Problem”
- Once a dialog box appears press “Ok”.
- Wait for another dialog box with administrator rights to open.
- You will need to click the “Yes” tab.
- After clicking on the wrench icon, press “Continue”.
- Enter the details to sign in to your account.
- The QFD app will now repair the file. You can wait.
- Under “Advanced Settings”, select the “File Diagnosis Only” tab.
- Click the “Next” button.
- Once the prompts are displayed, open the file to verify that the error has been corrected.
3: Configuring Antivirus Protection
You can configure antivirus protection on your computer to fix QuickBooks File Doctor’s failure. Launch the McAfee app. Next, go to the Web & Email Protection tab. Click on Firewall Settings. Next, click on the Firewall Settings tab. To configure the antivirus program, mention eMule in the Services Name section. Follow the steps below to configure Antivirus Protection.
- Start the McAfee application from your desktop.
- Click on “Web & Email Protection”
- Change to the Firewall Settings
- Select “Ports & System Services”
- Select “Add”.
- Fill in the “Services Name” box below and “eMule”
- Go to “Local IP Ports”
- Enter the data for “TCP” to access the QB software.
- Select “All PC” from the list below “Under Open Ports Too”.
- Click the “Save” button.
- The computer must now be restarted.
You can wait for the error to be fixed and then check if it has been resolved. If you don’t see any progress, it could be that the antivirus program configuration is incorrect. The Quickbooks file doctor may crash due to any other reason.
4: Reinstalling QuickBooks File Doctor
You may notice that QuickBooks File Doctor isn’t working correctly due to an issue in its installation. Reinstalling the application can fix the problem. You can download the latest version of QuickBooks File Doctor from the internet. Locate the file you have just downloaded in the system. Double-tap on the icon to locate it.
- You can download the most recent version of QFD from the internet.
- Look for the location of your downloaded tool on your computer.
Note: Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet and that all files on Windows are up-to-date.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install “QFD”.
- Log in now as an administrator in QB
- If the quickbooks multi user mode is on, turn it off and switch to Single-user.
- To open the file from the network server, turn on hosting
Note: You can skip turning on the host while you are working at your workstation.
- To allow the tool to access “Port 8019” or any other application of “QB”, it is necessary that the firewall be configured.
- It is necessary to configure the firewall of QuickBooks File Doctor in order to open “Dynamic Databank”.
- Next, configure the firewall on all client computers and the server.
- After that, you need to restart your computer.
- Next, run QFD to repair “Company Files”.
This will ensure that the error is fixed and QuickBooks File Doctor can start working properly again.
Also Read- Software Solution Provider
Apart from this if you are interested to know more about With QuickBooks Data Repair Service, You Can Repair Damaged Data then visit our software category.