These are two different things. React was the first one to come onto the scene. It was used to implement web applications for Facebook. In 2011 Facebook was facing a problem as the ads were immensely growing and there were constant updates which led to the downfall of the app a while later this was solved by React. In 2012 Instagram was obtained by Facebook.
React Native app development was introduced as a solution to the company’s pain point of maintaining two codes for the same app which is complicated as the duplication of work should be done and sometimes, they had to give two solutions for the same problem that occurred. React native uses swift and objective-c for iPhones and Java for Android for adding any complex features.
The main difference between React and React native is that React is used for the development of web pages and react native is used for the development of mobile apps without using HTML.
React view uses various tools which are useful in making the connection between the users, developers, and designers of component libraries. The main motto of React view or React Native is to make the documentation more interactive. As mentioned above some of the tools used are babel and prettier.
Ways of using React views
There are three main ways of using react views
>Build your own playground
>Live code editing
How does React Native work?
Some of the apps which use React native are
>Sound Cloud Pulse
Benefits of React Native Mobile App Development
- Code reusability and faster development: It can develop multiple platforms at once. It can use the same code for different platforms which is the biggest flex. It does a time-to-time market for the app and is of low cost and easily affordable. The new hot reloading feature is beneficial to the developers as they can view the difference between the developed code and the previous code without refreshing it.
- Performance: The bridge concept of React Native makes it different from the other cross platforms. It gives a near native-like performance.
- Cost efficiency: Cost efficiency is the main reason for the development of cross-platform. It reduces the number of teams required to deliver the operating products, if there were two teams required to do this work it would be reduced to one.
- Growing Developer Community: The community of React natives is rapidly expanding. The most involved app is Facebook as it constantly works on the improvements to be made in the app. It widens the framework. Even if there’s any slightest problem with it there will be many people ready to make it more stable and comprehensive.
- Saves Time and Money: More than 90% of the apps are on cross platform. Cross platform is nothing but the app that can be compatible with android and IOS. Due to this they can create two apps at once which reduces the cost and the time taken to create two different apps for different Mobiles.
- Increased Flexibility: considering that a particular person has started coding the app and some other person has joined in between react native makes it easier for the other person to continue the same code without any major issues. Updates can also be made in the same way. This increases the flexibility
- Moveable: If there occurs any case in the future where we have to move the app to another development framework the developers don’t have to start over coding the app again, they can simply export the app from react native and move into the android studio and continue from there. This is considered as the most useful benefit of react native app development.
- Immediately viewing the changes: There’s a special feature in react native which is either called “live reloading” or “hot reloading”. The hot reloading is derived from Hot Module Replacement (HMR), HMR is an intermediator. This hot reloading lets the developers view the changes they have made immediately in the line preview window. This is very beneficial to the developers.
- Publishing updates for the apps faster: publishing any updates for the apps earlier would take a lot of time for the developers as it would require checking the complete code again separately. React native has made this work very easier. With the help of react native both the apps in IOS and android can be updated at a time and the process is not only simpler but also faster. These include OTA (Over the air) updates which means that we don’t have to manually go to the particular stores on IOS or android and give permissions to get updated. It can also be updated when the user is using the app and the next time the app is opened the updated features are added.
10.Augmenting an existing app: Enlargement of the app through react native is a cost-effective way. Without the need of rewriting the complete code, we can directly insert React Native UI components into the existing app.
11.Ensures stable mobile app growth: Mobile app development can be unstable at some points when many users are using the same web page at the same time so the development is synchronized. The marketing team carefully plans the exact release of the app so that it could grab people’s attention. Stability increases the chance of feature updates.
12.Ready-made solutions and a vibrant library: The mobile app development process can be made easier through the help of react native’s ready-made solutions. This script has a testing library that helps the developers to write bug-free (no errors) code. Easy coding helps in increasing the credibility of the app.
Some main testing tools are:
In spite of testing the developer can use type checking as well. The common type checking tools are Prototype, Flow, EsLint, and Axios.
Best Projects for React Native
- Social networks- Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram.
- Entertainment and Journalism- Vogue, Bloomberg.
- B2B solutions- Shopify
- Services apps- UberEATS, delivery.com
- Shopping- Walmart
Who created React?
Jordan Walke is a software engineer and creator of ReactJs in the micro blogging platform. He is from the United States of America. There are more than 30 books already published about react-native.
This conceptually explains the overview of react-native. There are multiple programming-based concepts about it, some of them include styling, state, props, flex box, list view, text input, and scroll view. Architecture overview isn’t for any developers, it’s for the people trying to get the conceptual information/knowledge about react native app development. It provides insights on how the React native basically works under the hood. The audience includes library authors and core contributors. This explains the internal workings of React native mobile development process.